Friday, June 24, 2016

Thanh & Kim


Happy Birthday Grandpa

The above video is made by Thanh & Kim. 
BG Music: Nocturne in F# Minor (Played by Thanh)
Tango of the Sea (Kim & Jumi). That's a cool name, Jumi.



Dear Thanh & Kim, what you are about to read is from me. Uncle Nam.

I remember when I was 8 years old, my mom and I were waiting for you
to be born. Thanh's father, Quang, was by your mother's side, holding her hand.
Your father was very worried, because he knew that she was hurting a lot inside when it was happening. I hope that as you are reading this, you will learn to love and appreciate your mother more and more every day,

When you were born, you were as small as a new-born kitty. When I saw you for the first time, I had asked your mom "Why is Thanh so small? I was surprised, but yet I wasn't surprised." And your mom said, and I quote. "When you were born, you were as small her too".



You were also crying a lot too (haha). It sounded like a long wail of a cry, and it was my first time ever seeing a baby. Don't get me wrong Thanh, I was very happy that you were born. I was honestly so happy that I had went around the whole hospital, telling everyone (Hospital Staff, Doctors, Surgeons, PRN's & even random people that sat around in the waiting room. Hahaha, funny and innocent of an 8 year old right?) that I was about to be an uncle for the first time.

When you were brought home later on, you were crying for the whole day. Oh how you much you hated the little baby crib you were in, it even had toys hovering right above you so I could have entertained your little baby mind. That didn't work much.


Do you remember where you were born? No? That's alright, because I do. You were born in Austin, TX. Everyday we had went swimming, the scenery that was in the surrounding area was beautiful. There were trees, flowers, but oh man the weather was hotter than the inside of a microwave that was set for 60 seconds. I think I went a little off-topic here, but anyways. Thanh & Kim, the both of you are excellent at swimming now. I'm sad that you guys don't need me anymore (Just kidding, I'm not sad. I'm too proud of the both of you and what you've become to be sad)



Here's another story, When I was a child at the age of 8 and 9. I was hoping that the both of you were able to stay in the same house as I. When I found out that we were to be separated by states, now that had made me sad. I didn't like the thought of seeing you guys every Christmas, or sometimes Thanksgiving, but I ended up having to get used to that. As it was out of my control.

Man, I was proud of the fact that my nieces grew up to be successful with music, with exceptional knowledge when it came to education. And the fact that you guys respect your parents and what they do everyday for you. Know that your parents put a lot of sweat, blood and tears to put you guys where you are today, because think about it. What would you both be doing if they hadn't tried? You don't even need to guess about that do you? Just some food for thought.



Whenever I look at the photos of you guys when we were all little, it makes me feel sad because none of us can go back to that time when we didn't have to worry about much, being care-free felt nice while it lasted. Now, in this time and age. There is just way too many things to worry about, like education, work, etc. I don't need to go in too many details.

Remember, that the most cherished and valuable time in our lives is when we still have our parents by our side whenever we need them. I hope you guys think about that whenever you greet your Mom & Dad every morning.

Think of this, both of you will be going to school on your own accord. No longer having the help of your legal guardians. For that time, it's a good thing to remember and look back at the good times you've had with them, being under the same roof as them.

Ending Statement: In my mind, I always think of you both as the nieces that will always be young, beautiful & smart. Despite the fact that I know you guys will be grown up.
 I'll always love you guys.


Kim (Left), Thanh (Right), Center (Anh Quang, Chi Quyen). 










No comments:

Post a Comment